Sat, Mar 06|
RAW EARTH FROM BALI
Hand-building ceramic workshop using Bali clay with Gusti Dalem (@ceramicclass)
Time & Location
Mar 06, 2021, 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM GMT+8
Uma Seminyak, Kerobokan Kelod, North Kuta, Badung Regency, Bali 80361, Indonesia
About the event
RAW EARTH FROM BALI Hand-building ceramic workshop with Gusti Dalem (@ceramicclass)
Saturday, 6 March 2021 2 - 5 pm at Uma Seminyak Jl. Kayu Cendana No. 1, Seminyak
About the workshop
In this class we will learn hand-building ceramic techniques using Balinese clay. Balinese clay is a material taken from the soil in Bali, this material is usually used as a raw material for forming traditional pottery. In this unique class, Gusti Dalem wants to provide knowledge on how to form Balinese clay with a traditional handbuilding technique, and introduce a research result that Balinese clay can also be processed and burned at high temperatures and it can even be glazed with stoneware-like results. You can create your own ceramic shape, wether it's a mug, bowl, vase, or teapot.
- Class will last for 3 hours
- Each participant receives a maximum of 3kg of Balinese clay.
- Each participant can color their ceramic, we prepare primary colour, or you can mix you own colors.
- At the end of the class the ceramic products that you made will be firing (the workshop package inlcude maximum 3 pieces of ceramic)
- If the participants want to make more than 3 pieces of ceramics, there will be extra charge for firing each ceramic: 50,000/pcs
- Your ceramic will be firing at the kiln and it will be ready after 3 weeks.
- Workshop fee is IDR 400.000/ person including material, firing process (3pcs), snacks and certificate.
- This workshop is suitable for teenager and adults.
- Payment can be made to: BCA 7725149671 undername Ruth Kurniasari Maria; or Jenius cashtag $theonduko
- This class is limited to maximum 10 participants
- For Registration please fill in the form here: WORKSHOP REGISRATION
About the artist:
Gusti Ngurah Agung Dalem Diatmika, who is known as Dalem is ceramic artist who was born to a family who works in ceramics. Their family business are focuses more on tableware ceramics and tools for ceremony in Bali. Dalem made his debut as a ceramicst at the age of 16, when he entered high school. The choice to plunge and work in the ceramic arts was initially based on the advice of his parents who had already studied poterry art since long time ago. To him, ceramics is an interesting lesson, because the process involving emotional control of self as the creator. Dalem began to explore ceramic art when he studied at ISI Denpasar and began to conduct some experiments. He is focusing on raw materials found in Bali which can be explored into a mixture of dyes (glass), one of which is research into the formulation of Balinese sand. His latest project is called Tanah Liat Bali. Commonly, Balinese ceramic art is known for its pottery and terracotta crafts. In Bali, traditional ceramic crafts are scattered in almost all districts. In his research on Tanah Liat Bali, Dalem researched more deeply about the clay content in Bali, and he wanted to reveal and introduce this material to the public
Ruth 081239576836 (Uma Seminyak)
Gusti Dalem 087777660019 (Ceramic Class)